So I accidentally said, “my crotch has a hole in it.” Instead of “my pants have a hole in them.” And this guy looked me dead in the eyes and whispered
"It’s called a vagina."
(though I will cite the manga only, because… canon. The episodes you can find by searching the respective chapter on Narutopedia ^.~)
(OMG I’m going to turn this into a master post and reference, thanks for asking the question!)
- Sakura’s introduction to Team 7, and how she fangirls over Sasuke. Sasuke blushes.
- Sakura talks with Sasuke for the first time in private, and notices he isn’t only a cool guy, but he has problems. She needs to be more tactful.
- Kakashi’s test for Team 7. Sakura faints when Kakashi tricks her with a genjutsu into thinking Sasuke is hurt (1,2,3). Sasuke hears her scream, and recognizes her voice. Sakura later sees Sasuke buried, and thinks he is decapitated, so she faints again. Sasuke waits next to her until she wakes up. She hugs him and cries when she realizes he is fine.
- Sasuke opens up with Sakura about Itachi.
- Sakura is angry at Kakashi for stepping on Sasuke (not a serious moment).
LAND OF WAVES
- When attacked by ninjas, Sasuke could have chosen to protect either Sakura or Naruto, he defends Sakura (not a big deal, as Sakura was next to the client, but still relevant)
- Sasuke is jealous of Kakashi for stealing his thunder while defending Sakura.
- Sasuke wants to know Sakura’s secret for her chakra control, and blushes while asking Naruto.
- Sakura defends Sasuke from Haku’s attacks.
- Sakura finds strength in Sasuke’s attitude.
- Sasuke is dead worried after hearing Sakura’s scream (x). Sasuke re-awakens his sharingan right after this! To defend his team!
- Sakura and Kakashi believe in Sasuke and Naruto (x).
- Sakura starts feeling distraught after not seeing Sasuke standing Next to Naruto (x), and runs to Sasuke with the client (x).
- Rule #25, “[…] A Shinobi must keep their emotions inside […], you must possess a heart that never shows tears”, she floods her face with tears over Sasuke’s death (1,2,3)
- Sasuke wakes up and doesn’t know how to react to Sakura’s tears and sincere concern (1,2,3)
(This whole Haku scene is filled with NaruSasu moments as well, these two bonded at the bridge ^_^ but this time I’ll stick with SasuSaku references only in this post)
PRE-CHUUNINS & FIRST EXAM
- Sasuke is tsundere of the playful interactions between Naruto and Sakura. (x,y)
- Sasuke tells Sakura that she needs to improve. (x)
- I’m not going to include minor fangirling moments.
- Sasuke notices that Sakura doesn’t feel confident of the Chuunins (x). Sasuke tells Sakura she has the best genjutsu detection. (x) One of my favorite panels. Sasuke understands Sakura and knows just how to cheer her up. Yet, he’s not fake and praises her unconditionally. He tells the truth about her strengths and weaknesses.
- Sakura is worried, impressed, shocked, and protective of Sasuke in his fight with Rock Lee (1,2,3,4,5,6) she jumps underneath Sasuke to dampen his fall (x)
- Sakura feels inspired by Sasuke’s excitement for the start of the Chuunins (x)
- Sasuke dislikes Ino’s hug (x)
SECOND EXAM / FOREST OF DEATH
- Sasuke protects Sakura from the Naruto’s impostor (x), and Sakura reciprocates (x)
- Sasuke shows Sakura some ninja spirit in action (x)
- Sasuke is worried for Sakura, who is petrified by the fear of Orochimaru (x)
- Sasuke stabs his thigh to gain control and save Sakura (x)
- Sakura notices Sasuke’s distress (x).
- I’m not going to count the many times Sakura reacts to Sasuke’s feats in battle, but if you want to see them, you can read ch. 48 onwards.
- Sasuke is bitten by Orochimaru, Sakura witnesses everything, and supports him through the pain, and some more, and she shares the pain with Sasuke, a very emotional scene.
- Sakura takes care of her boys, in particular Sasuke (x,y) and resolves to protect them (x,y).
- All of chapters 51&52 show Sakura’s fear and determination to save her teammates. (x)
- In ch. 53, called Sakura’s decision, Sakura fights with all her might, endures blows, wants to protect those dear to her, and cuts her hair to set herself free (1,2) (those precious hair she took so long to grow, and that Sasuke-kun thought were attractive in a girl)
- The first time Sakura says “it’s your turn to watch my back” (1,2) Sakura is a badass in ch. 54.
- Sasuke wakes up, and lets the curse mark take over his body for the first time, raging over Sakura’s state, saying the famous “Sakura… who did this to you”.
- Sakura doesn’t recognize old Sasuke-kun after his “avenger epiphany” (1,2,3,4), “this isn’t Sasuke-kun” (1,2)
- "Sakura willingly and bravely calms the rampaging Sasuke under the influence of the cursed seal. Sakura’s heart, thinking of Sasuke, devours the wicked power." (1,2) the power of her love is stronger than the hatred of the curse mark.
- Naruto doesn’t notice Sakura’s bruises, but only her shorter hair. Sasuke seeing through Sakura’s lie. (x)
- A cute panel with Sasuke asking for Sakura’s opinion (x).
- Sakura is worried about Sasuke’s pain from the curse mark (1,2), and Sasuke reacts to Sakura’s tears (x) - which is quite significant. Those who say Sasuke is cold-hearted have no clue on who Sasuke truly is.
- Sasuke asks Sakura to not get involved with his problems, when he’s obviously apprehensive about them (1,2,3) - beautiful beautiful panels.
One of the first instances of eye porn between Sasuke and Sakura.
- Sasuke tells Sakura “I can’t forgive even you if you take that away from me” (x).
- Sasuke makes the curse mark recede by will alone, at the thought of Sakura’s tears and Naruto. (1,2,3).
- Sakura and Sasuke share a secret, about the curse mark, which Sasuke considers very personal (x).
- Sakura is still concerned about Sasuke’s state after he left with Kakashi (1,2), and again when Sasuke fights Gaara (1,2,3).
- Sakura always thinks about Sasuke even when he’s not around (x). Sakura’s relief when Sasuke shows up (x) for the match.
INVASION OF KONOHA
- Sakura puts her life on the line to save Sasuke from one-tailed Gaara (1,2,3)
- Sasuke gives Naruto the “save Sakura” speech (1,2).
- Sasuke says “Take care of Sakura”, handing her to Pakkun.
ITACHI, THE HOSPITAL, SOUND 4
- Sasuke is jealous of Naruto for saving Sakura. (1,2) - look at his face in this last upper right page. And once again later on at the hospital (x) he looks so broken.
- Sakura has visited after Sasuke every day at the hospital since he got injured fighting Itachi (x), and Tsunade notices (x). Sakura is in tears, hoping for Sasuke to get better (x).
- Sasuke accepts Sakura’s hug and is uneasy seeing her crying, once again (x). Naruto backs away and lets them have their moment.
- Sasuke is torn between his Team 7 feelings, and his desire of revenge with Itachi (x).
- Sakura thinkgs about Sasuke from her bedroom window at night. She bonded with Naruto over the same goal of making sure Sasuke would be okay. (1,2,3,4)
- Sasuke decides to defect Konoha, but he is in pain at the thought of leaving his team (x).
- He is surprised to see Sakura on the road, right in front of the bench where they first talked (x).
- Sasuke represses his emotions as he walks past Sakura (x).
- Sakura asks Sasuke to be more open with her, moments of silence are shared between the two (x).
- Sakura misunderstands Sasuke’s intentions and thinks that he hates her. This behavior still repeated in 678 onwards, when we know what the reality is, Sasuke is afraid to care too much (x).
- Sasuke doesn’t remember saying that Sakura was annoying (x).
- Sakura’s memories (x).
- Sakura: “It won’t bring anyone happiness. Not even you, Sasuke… nor me…”. Possibly my favorite panel in the chapter. Sasuke is so embarrassed! I can feel that his breath stopped at this obvious preliminary to the confession.
- Sasuke thinks he’s different from the rest of his team (x).
- "I love you with all my heart" (x).
- Sakura is willing to give up on everything and help Sasuke with his revenge just to stay next to him, a desperate plan (x).
- Sasuke’s smirky “you really are annoying”. He is unable to respond to the love confession, but once Sakura starts talking nonsense, he finds his chance to speak.
- “Sakura, thank you”
- He lays her on the bench. (x)
THE PROMISE OF A LIFETIME
- Shikamaru says to Sakura “even you couldn’t convince Sasuke”. Smart Shikamaru
- “Naruto, I beg you, bring Sasuke back" - Sakura confides completely on Naruto, after they bonded in the previous flashback (when she reveals the curse mark to Naruto). (x)
- Naruto gives the "good guy" pose, and the epopee of rescuing Sasuke begins.
- In chapter 236, after Naruto fails to bring back Sasuke, Sakura resolves to become Tsunade’s apprentice. And she reassures Naruto that “next time, we’ll [save Sasuke] together”. It’s a nice chapter and you should look it up.
I can do Part II if you want too ^_^.
I hope you guys can find this as a useful reference!
This took forever to do.
OK WHAT WAS IT AGAIN, THOSE ASSES SAYING KISHI IS SHIPTEASING? That Kishi cannot write romantic bonds, that SasuSaku isn’t well developed? SasuSaku isn’t for the faint of heart for sure XD
Under the cut I’ll place some of the most beautiful panels, in case you’re too lazy to click on the links ;)
|Me:||*On death bed* Is SasuSaku canon yet?|
|Grandchild:||Well....he held her hand in the last episode|
|Me:||*Jumps out of bed* Well hell I'm not dying till he puts a ring on it!|
filling out a job application
“are you available for a Skype interview?”